x Fair—Gaps over 2.5% of the insulated area. (This equals inch space along a 14.5 inch batt.) x Poor—Gaps over 5% of the insulated area. (This equals ¾ inch space along a 14.5 inch batt.) 3. Look up the effective R-value of the installed insulation using the condition and measured inches.
- The 8lb density 2" insulation board is a non-combustible, rigid mineral wool insulation board that is water repellent and designed for high temperature applications where durability and compressive resistance are required.
- Rockwool (Roxul) Rockboard 40/60/80 Interior Insulation Board Rockwool Rockboard 40, Rockboard 60 and Rockboard 80 are three densities of mineral wool board insulation available to support a variety of interior applications, including insulating mechanical or utility rooms, adding also a barrier to noise and fire.
Rockwool Roofing Products Effective: January 22nd, 2020 Nov 22nd, 2019 To Our Valued Customers, Due to the recent price increase announcement from Rockwool, Roofmart will be implementing a 4% price increase on the following Rockwool products, effective January 22nd, 2020. • Rockwool CAVITYROCK • Rockwool COMFORTBOARD 80 and 110
- ROCKWOOL COMFORTBOARD™ 80 is a rigid mineral wool insulation sheathing board that is non-combustible, water-repellent, fire-resistant and sound absorbent. COMFORTBOARD™ 80 is an exterior non-structural insulation sheathing that provides a continuous layer of insulation around the residential building envelope.
This is a case of 6 pieces of 24 x 48 x 2 inch Rockboard 80 manufactured by Roxul. It is rigid mineral wool board with a density of 8 pounds per cubic foot. Rockboard 80 is a great option for acoustic projects that require a rigid material. It’s also used in some bass trap designs.
- ROCKWOOL announced that its COMFORTBOARD product has been certified by the California State Fire Marshall’s Building Materials Listing Program (BML). The stone wool board, which is resistant to fire up to 2,150F and has a 0/0 Smoke Development and Flame Spread rating, has met or exceeded standards in fire-related product performance testing.
Excellent product, as is all Rockwool insulation. One caution, though, as this particular product requires that you cut perfectly straight, as there is zero fudge factor, unlike the batts which can be oversized slightly and yet still fit and fill a gap perfectly. There is none of that with the Comfortboard 80.
- Jul 16, 2020 · On the walls, the crew installed two 2-inch-thick layers of Rockwool Comfortboard 110, staggering the joints both horizontally and vertically (see photos, below), for a total of 4 inches thick (about R-16).
ROCKWOOL . 8024 Esquesing Line Milton, Ontario Canada L9T 6W3 . Tel: 1-800-265-6878
- Apr 18, 2019 · XPS has a nice R value per inch, but again, if you refer to that page on rigid board insulation above you'll see that it's also a vapour barrier. I like your option number 1 the best - I'd be doing Comfortboard since moisture moves right through it no problem.
COMFORTBOARD 80 Insulated Sheathing Roxul R6 ComfortBoard™ IS is a thermal insulated sheathing board used to increase the thermal performance of basement and exterior walls R20 solution in the basement: when combined with ComfortBatt™ R14
- Rockwool is a brand name; the generic term is rock wool. Rockwool cubes, 1 or 2 inches wide and 1 1/2 inch deep, are used for germinating seeds for seedlings that are then transplanted into soil ...
BrickSeek's powerful price comparison tool is unlike any other. Compare an item's pricing and availability across the web and in-store to ensure you are getting the absolute best possible deal.